Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I love it when my kids love me!

 I love it when my kids love me.  Yesterday I was sick, I either had food poisoning or a virus.  Whatever it was, it was awful.  As I was laid up in bed my son would come in about every 10 minutes asking me if I needed anything (he was kind of bugging me, but I knew he was there simply because he loves me).  My daughter asked if I needed her favorite pillow (it always makes her feel better), and then they both made me get well cards.  Bottom line, they just wouldn't leave me alone; and I loved it.  I think that is what God wants from us.  He wants to be loved by His children.  The joy that we give Him when we wont leave Him alone, when we bug him every ten minutes goes beyond our understanding.  Yesterday my children taught me a little bit more about the relational joy that children can give to their parents.  God loves it when when His children love Him.  If you haven't already, you should bug Him a little bit, He loves it.

"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."  Zephaniah 3:17 NIV

2 comments:

Stacy said...

We do have GREAT kids! It is easy to overlook how they so often point us toward God. Thanks for the reminder! And...I LOVE the artwork:)

mary said...

Vic, you were always an inspiration
to me from the time you were just a
little boy.. You had so much energy
& drive that at times it was a
little hard to keep up with you. And,
oh my, what a positive attitude. You
could change my pain to happiness so
easily.

Just wait, if you think the sweet acts of love Abby & Jackson show you now are wonderful ...
wait until the memories have been buried in your heart for many years, growing more precious with time.
I thank God every day for you. Mom