Friday, May 06, 2011

Mother's Day article 1

“I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.” ~Abraham Lincoln


When the rain came down and the waters began to rise in Nashville most adults didn’t know what to do. Some people ran, some stayed, and others panicked; however children all over Nashville knew exactly where to go and what to do. When we watched the news last Sunday we saw boat after boat bringing in survivors and on those boats were mothers holding on to their children. In many news videos I saw children clinging to the mothers as tight as they could. Times like these remind us of why mothers are so special, they are not just caregivers, they are also protectors and counselors. You may never had to cling to your mother because of rising water, but there have been cuts, scrapes, sad days, loss, and struggles that caused you to run and cling to your mother because she knew exactly what to do. Let your mother know how special she is to you today, tell her how much you love her, and say a special prayer thanking God for her. Happy Mother’s Day! - Vic

No comments: