Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Heaven & a Disney Cruise

Every morning my daughter says the same thing as I take her to school; she says “I can’t wait till we are on the Disney Cruise daddy!” I have never seen her more excited about anything in her life. She likes to get online and look at pictures of the cruise ship, she likes to read about all of the activities, and then she starts naming family and friends that she wished could come with us. Side Note: Some of you who are reading this article were named. I find myself at times telling her “enough already, can we talk about something else?” The things we are most passionate about in life are the things we can’t help but talk about, study about, and even invite others to join in with us. When my father died back in January my children could not stop talking about how amazing heaven must be, how much fun Grampy must be having in the presence of Jesus. Their giddiness about heaven at first felt overwhelming and disturbing. I’m not sure if it was my grief or the thought them facing death, but I didn’t want to hear them talk so much about dying and going to Heaven.
The more my kids talked about Heaven and Jesus the more I found myself growing in excitement with the idea of being there with my dad and other loved ones in the presence of our Lord Jesus. I no longer hush my children when they talk about heaven; in fact I often say “tell me more”.

By the way, Abby’s excitement about the Disney cruise has rubbed off too…I can’t wait!!

No comments: