Monday, November 01, 2010

Prayer Guide

All in the name of Jesus!

WHCOC Prayer guide.
Get r Done! Fall 2010

MORNING PRAYER: We pray each morning to give God our first moments. Before anything else we allow God to focus our goals and plans for the upcoming day. Read Psalm 23.
Prayer: The Lord is my shepherd, that is all I want, that is all that I need. Guide me today, protect me and my family as we go out into the world. Stay with me each moment so that you may be the focus of all that I do . I pray that you would help me invest in things that are eternal, that you would show me how to lead my family & friends closer to you. Help my family & I to invest our lives in the WHCOC family. Teach me and mold into the person you want me to be. AMEN



NOON PRAYER: Consider that what truly defines your day is nothing that the world throws at you. What defines today and your life is your relationship with God. Someone around you needs to be encouraged, they need to see Jesus in your actions. Maybe it is time that you share your faith with that person.
Prayer: Father, even though I am busy in the middle of the day I more than anything want to be with you. Help me to see the people around me the way you see them. May you be glorified in every situation I encounter. Show me who I need to serve and share the story of Jesus with. AMEN



EVENING PRAYER: In the evening we reflect on the events of the day. It is a time we can ask important questions, repent for sins, and praise God for victories. READ Psalm 27
Prayer: Father, more than anything I want to hear your word as I begin my day. Guide me as I consider that you want me to be successful in following your will. I commit to making your will my will. Be with my WHCoC family, guide our church in becoming one that obeys your will each day, help it to be fruitful & pleasing to you. AMEN

2 comments:

Michael Donnell said...

Vic, thanks for posting this. This is a great idea. May I have your permission to run this past Dennis and see if this is something that might be a good thing for us at 43rd? I hope all is well with your family, WHCOC, and Josh. We are about six weeks away from Allie Jane joining us. It is beginning to get pretty exciting. Blessings, Michael.

By the way...I have changed my blog header, if you don't mind would you delete and (if you want to) put me down again. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Please use it. I would be honored. Feel free to change it up.