Friday, August 12, 2011

A Little Help From My Friends

This week Stacy and I began to spruce up our house by repainting many of the walls. In order to paint a house or stain a deck we have to get really close and examine the walls and the wood. The closer we look, the more flaws and imperfections we will see. That is why I hate to paint, I don’t want to see the flaws, because then I have to admit that they are there and that I have to do something about them. I guess I am saying that I like to be happily ignorant. The problem is that if we choose to be ignorant of our homes flaws, we might be ignoring a flaw that will lead to bigger problems that will require lots of time and money to fix. Spiritually I can be the same way; I do not enjoy examining my life or spirituality. Every time I reflect on my spiritual condition I realize I have a long way to go.

When I work on my house alone it is overwhelming and difficult, however when others come in to help the work gets easier. When we are alone everything seems insurmountable, but when we ask for help we discover that all things are possible. The same could be said about our spiritual condition, it may not be pleasant to admit a struggle or to ask for help, but when we do we unlock unlimited power that makes spiritual growth possible.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for God’s people in accordance with the will of God. 28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” Romans 8:26-28 NIV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, you stated in a much more direct way what I was trying to communicate, thanks, I will recommend your site to my friends.

My blog:
comparatif rachat credit www.rachatdecredit.net