Thursday, August 04, 2011

First Day of School

Here are a few funny quotes on parenthood that I have heard over the years:


• If it was going to be easy, it never would have started with something called labor!

• The smartest advice on raising children is to enjoy them while they are still on your side.

• Avenge yourself ~~~ live long enough to be a problem to your children.

• The best way to keep kids at home is to give it a loving atmosphere -- and hide the keys to the car.

Sending kids to their first day of school is not easy for them, but the truth is, it's not easy for parents either. We love our kids, and we love to protect them. It is hard to protect our kids when they are at school. Will they be bullied? Will the work be too difficult or advanced for them? Will they learn bad habits from bad influences? Will they have any friends?
Almost every day I pray that God will influence my children to do what is right, that they would grow closer to Him, that He would deepen their faith, and that He would protect them. Every time I pray for my kids I find comfort as a parent; knowing that our loving and powerful God is with them every moment. I encourage you to pray for your children each day, it will not only be a help to them, but a comfort for you as well. May God bless all of our children as they begin a new school year.

No comments: