Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Hollywood Values

I will first make you aware of the fact that I am a movie nut. My wife and I love to watch movies. With that said, I find myself becoming more skeptical and picky about the movies we will see. For example, I see Hollywood marketing a movie about a love story. Two young people in love in the mountains of Wyoming in the early 60's. They happen to be two young cowboys. Yep two guys. I am sure the movie is well directed, acted, and written. In fact before most anyone has even seen it, Heath Ledger is already been given a lot of praise for his potential Oscar winning performance. I think he will win, not because He will have best performance of 2005 but because this is a message movie that Hollywood wants to send out to the world. What is the message? Our society should bend over backwards to accept gay love, gay values, and gay marriage. Many in Hollywood believe Jesus and His teachings get in the way of such a message. They are right. As a Christian I am not going spend money or time on this Hollywood sermon (opps, movie). I don't hate gay people, in fact I do my best to respect all people including anyone who is gay. However I don't have to agree with or condone their sinful lifestyle decision. I hope "Broke Back Mountain" flops, and that America will show Hollywood just how out of touch it is with the rest of the country. We'll see.

No comments: